The ASD ADVANCED SOUND DESIGN GMBH stands for future-oriented sound design in office and communication rooms.
Our main areas of activity include:
ASD PRIVACY SYSTEM
SOUNDS OF NATURE
A privacy system produces soft, harmonious, non-locatable background sounds to reduce intelligibility of words. The natural sounds used for this are familiar to us from everyday life.
What other people are talking about becomes less comprehensible. Your own conversations likewise become less easy for others to understand.
HOW DOES A PRIVACY SYSTEM WORK?
The Privacy System reduces the dynamic range (= contrasts) in a room acoustic enviroment.
EIN COMPARATIVE EXAMPLE OF CONTRASTS FROM EVERYDAY LIFE:
• Bright headlights
• Totale darkness
• Great contrast = High dynamic range
UNPLEASANT, DISHARMONIOUS SITUATION
• Bright headlights
• Street lightning
• Low contrast = Low dynamic range
PLEASANT, HARMONIOUS SITUATION
HOW IT WORKS – BACKGROUND PHYSICS
Typical differences in speech sound levels over a given time.
A layer of sound playing in the background reduces the dynamic range appreciably.
The ASD Privacy System is a flexible system independent of any specific room parameters or furniture, which represents a modern, forward looking approach to room acoustics.
It creates within the room a natural, modulating, dephased and asynchronous beat, which is impossible to pinpoint and reduces intelligibility of the spoken word.
The system is able to achieve the target value (Appendix A ISO 3382-3) for distraction distance of rD ≤ 5 m.
1 Magnet fixing
2a Clip-on plastic bracket
2b Top-hat rail for plastic bracket
- Sounds of nature
- Can be used free-standing in the room
- Maximum planning freedom
- Only mains power required
- Individual adaptation
- Conforms to regulations
- Developed and made in Germany
- Dual, omnidirectional loudspeaker
- 230 volts power supply
- 12V/1.2A mains adapter included
- Power consumption typically 5 watts
- Maintenance-free thanks to long-lasting electronics
- Length: 155 mm; width: 65 mm; height: 65 mm
- Weight: 675 grams
- Individually adjustable
- Adaptable to space and human frequency spectrum
WEEE mark as per German Electrical
and Electronic Equipment Act (ElektroG)
SELV – safety extra-low voltage
(protection class III
For indoor use only
- The installation of a privacy system was incorporated into the planning of the room acoustics and its effectiveness simulated on computer.
- The planning of fixtures and fittings was done using a room acoustics 3D model.
- The use of a privacy system significantly improved the different groups’ acoustic working conditions across the open-plan area.
WITH NO PRIVACY SYSTEM
Within a radius of ten metres from the person speaking (red centre) up to 70% of what is being said is still intelligible.
WITH PRIVACY SYSTEM
Beyond a radius of five metres from the person speaking only 50% or less of what is being said is still intelligible. The requirements of ISO 3382-3 in relation to distraction distance are fulfilled.